Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Flash #26 Review

  Here is the start of a new review format i will be doing from now on. I realized what i was doing before was not well thought out, and didn't do the reader much good. So from now on i will try and not ruin the entire story while still informing you, and giving my opinion in a short well thought out review.

Written by:
Christos Gage
Art by:
Neil Googe (FIRE this man)
Cover by:
Brett Booth, Norm Rapmund

The issue that sucked alot

  The Flash 26 feels like a filler issue, not a very good one. I personally am  a huge flash fan, since i was a kid he was my favorite hero so i try to put that aside and not let my emotions get involved, but with this one i couldn't help it.

Art

  The penciling and colors/ink are more than a let down. Following Francis Manapul's epic artwork during his run is a hard lead to follow. But the creative art team took one of the best drawn new 52 books, and filled it with dull colors and child like pencil work. It's not all bad, but it had a cheesy feeling and it left me annoyed and hopeful that a new creative team will be continuing this monthly series as soon as possible. Manapul's art was the definition of the work epic when referring to comic art. He made the flash look vibrant, smooth and just plain awesome, Neil Googe should be fired.

Story

  My personal feelings aside, Gage did do a good job with the story i enjoyed the fact that he took Barry out of his element and had him struggle to get the bad guy. Which in this book turns out to be Spitfire, who he has a personal vendetta against. I enjoyed his take on Barry s inner dialogue with him self. But he failed to give me the feeling that i was reading a comic about one of the greatest heroes the world has ever known.

Final Thoughts

  My verdict is to SKIP THIS BOOK, the only reason to buy would be cover, or if your like me and just want it to keep your collection going, but the cover is a huge mislead. The inner artwork is a borderline joke and in my opinion, an embarrassment to this series. I do my best to not keep up with creative team news, i like to be completely surprised when i go to my comic shop and pick up my books, but this was a bad surprise.

2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment