Sunday, February 9, 2014

Ms. Marvel #1 review

   With Marvel NOW releasing tons of new #1's i decided to jump into the Marvel U head first! my First review will me the all new Ms. Marvel #1. My knowledge of Ms. Marvel's past is non existent so this review will be based on only things i have learned from this book.

Marvel now Ms. Marvel #1




   Kamala Khan is just like any American teen who isn't one of the "cool" or popular kids. She yearns to be accepted by her peers but coming from a strict Muslim family, her peers tend to use that to poke fun at her constantly. She is naive to her classmates dislike for her and seems to be becoming a bit of a rebel trying to find her way. She writes fan fiction about being an avenger and is a comic nerd like myself, which i found to be quite adorable! That panel was hilarious, depicting the avengers saving planet unicorn, i want that as a poster. I forgot to mention Kamalas love for bacon aka infidel meat!!!!

   Her family is a strict Muslim one which i think is going to be awesome to see how her family life affects her in the coming story arc's. It's a breath of fresh air to see a character like this who comes from such a different background. One that isn't about a kid whose parents are murdered, or one who becomes a rich playboy.

   The art was stunning, the colors and pencils drew me right in. It is playful and light hearted but it doesn't look cartoony, which i love. My favorite panel is the last page, where we see Ms. Marvel in her new get ups, shes hot!

Go pick this up, i bought myself 3 copies, 2 regular covers autographed by the Comic Book Men from the AMC show over at Jay and Silent Bobs, they also hooked me up with a Variant cover.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment