Friday, February 14, 2014

Winter Soldier #1 Review ... A Bitter March


The man with the star on his arm.

   The Winter Soldier is the only man that can have a red star on his arm, and i wouldn't dare laugh or even look his way. I almost didn't pick up this book but since I'm reading all the Invaders i feel like i owed it to my readers to cover it, I'm glad i picked it up. This issue really did for me, its filled with aggressive skiing ,spying, breaking and entering, wrist cross bows, Nazi bashing, cool green hydra suits, Nick Fury getting punched in the face, and yes the man with the red star on his arm. I absolutely loved the playful banter between Nick and Shen, they make wagers during the mission  that add a bit of fun to the fact that they are a what would be suicide mission if anyone else were to be attempting to infiltrate the Hydra mansion.

   Rick Remender knocks this issue out of the park, he really understands everyone in this book. He builds a suspenseful stage for Bucky to make his entrance, and its a firework worthy appearance. I dig the spy elements going on with Nick and Shen, also i love the mystery of whats going on with Bucky, because he doesn't seem to be on the good guy side right now, which i love. The art and colors were good, i wasn't blown away but i did like the art. The pencil work is sharp, i think that i would appreciate some color work that is a bit more exciting, atleast for my pallet.

   Pick this book up right now before your shop runs out, its that good.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment