Monday, February 10, 2014

Wolverine #1 rogue logan review

Wolverine 1 
Rogue Logan

   This is my first Wolverine and first x-men related book review! I jumped into the Marvel U with the recent Marven Now releases and im pumped to be reading the new Wolverine as it hits the shelves. 

   Wolverine has lost his healing factor, oh noooo! At first i thought, what the heck? This is gonna be boring! Logan is gonna just be sitting the background, or teaching at the academy, or he will still be running around beating everyone up with no repercussions, i was wrong! Im intrigued by the writer stripping Wolvey of his powers, it makes this book feel more human than i thought an x-men related title could be. Instead of his body being the indestructible healing factory that it is, Logan has to rely on a special suit to protect him. He gets his butt handed to him more than once in the issue which i love to see, i dislike characters who never get hit or beat on. One thing i am unsure of is, are his claws a part of his suit? I though that his healing factor protected him from the metal poisoning him.
   
   I dig seeing Logan working for the bad guy, i can't wait to find out why later on. The same old good guy chases bad guy stories get a little old so this book is a breath of fresh air for my comic pallet. I feel like the issue was written well, although it didn't captivate me as much as i was hoping, but i guess a Wolverine title doesn't need the deep over analysis that a batman issue needs. The art was stunning throughout, its one of my favorite in the Marvel Now launches so far released. I enjoyed seeing Wolvey using the guns! He kills, which i sometimes have issues with, i have the same issue with the New Punisher. These Anti heroes are growing on me tho.

   In the end i really liked the book, the story was strong enough to make me anxious for next month. There was plenty of action, the art was kick ass and slowly but surely im digging the anti heroes of the Marvel U. As a DC man, Marvel Now is really impressing me and im pumped for next month.

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment